Gatebilder fra Manhattan, New York.
Fotograf: Nicolaas Biegman.
Utgiver: Goose Press, 1997.
Brukt pocketbok på 240 sider.
I god stand (se bilder).
Nicolaas Biegman var ambassadør i New York (1992-1997) da han tok disse bildene.
Goose Press, 1997
“I complied this composite portrait of New York, focusing on the streets of Manhattan with occasional excursions to places like Red Hook, Greenpoint, Williamsburg and Brighton Bridge, over a five-year period in a state of never-ending amazement at the urban landscape and the multicolored inhabitants. Amazement at the shapes and sizes of buildings, bridges, parks (“If you have a Park Related Problem call 1-800-201-PARK) and parking lots, at the sculptures and monuments in the squares and plazas and the graphics of the bold white arrows, lozenges and words on the asphalt; and the general friendliness of the natives… But if the visitor, struck by the fact in the subway people do not look one another in the eye, concludes that New Yorkers are an unkind lot, he is mistaken. Rather, protecting one’s space in a means of defending one’s visual and physical integrity in the crowded environment in which New Yorkers have to live, just as a thin layer of humid air protects the skin against the heat in a hot sauna. Therefore, the golden rule in the New York code of conduct reads: ;avoid contact, whether eye or physical, save by mutual consent. If you bump into a stranger, or touch him inadvertently, apologize him humbly. You may look at someone, but when you see his eyes turn in your direction avert your gaze unless you wish to strike up na conversation, which is usually no problem”.
NATO Permanent Representative of the Netherlands
Ambassador Nicolaas Hendrik Biegman
- Born on 23 September 1936 in Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
- Married to Mirjana Cibilic
- University of Leiden, The Netherlands
(Ph.D. 1967), Turkish, Arabic, International Law
- Since 1963 Dr. N.H. Biegman has been employed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, The Hague, The Netherlands. As a junior diplomat he was posted, from 1963 until 1977, in respectively, Cairo (1964-1967), Canberra (1967-1969), Dar es Salaam (1969-1972), Atlantic Cooperation and Security Affairs Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (1972-1977)
- Counsellor with the Permanent Mission of the Kingdom of The Netherlands to NATO, Brussels
- Head of the International Organisations Department of Foreign Affairs, The Hague
- Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of The Netherlands in Cairo, Egypt
- Director-General for International Development Cooperation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, The Hague
- Ambassador, Permanent Representative to the United Nations, New York
Mr. Biegman took up his functions in January 1998.
Det er ingen omtaler ennå.